An important part of running a business effectively lies in your ability to manage any unplanned setbacks. Business insurance is a powerful tool for financially protecting the many things that are at stake if you experience serious issues that prevent 'business as usual'.
Business insurance makes good financial sense. If you're a business owner and your business income depends on you being able to work, your business could suffer significantly if you were to become totally disabled by illness or injury and are unable to work.
AMP Lifetrack Business Cover offers many features including:
- If you can't work in your business because you are totally disabled, we'll provide an amount to reimburse eligible business overheads.
- We'll reimburse the extra costs of employing a replacement person while you are unable to work (over and above the income they generate) to keep your business going.
- We'll start to reimburse your expenses after the waiting period you choose (between 2 and 13 weeks).
- To help you make a full recovery, we can pay a lump sum (up to 12 times the monthly benefit payable if you were totally disabled) to go towards rehabilitation costs. These include alterations to your home to help you recover, or a rehabilitation programme (including training).
Other features include:
- cover for complications arising from pregnancy;
- world-wide cover;
- benefits paid while overseas;
- airfare assistance; and
- no waiting period if you suffer a relapse within a year of receiving your benefit.
AMP Lifetrack Business Survival Cover
AMP Lifetrack Business Survival Cover provides your business with a monthly benefit if you or a key person in your business is unable to work for more than 10 hours a week because of illness or injury.
You choose how to best spend this money to keep your business running smoothly. This may include:
- replacing lost revenue;
- paying your salary;
- meeting ongoing financial obligations; and
- covering the cost of finding replacement staff.
As the amount of your monthly payment is agreed at the time you take out AMP Business Survival Cover, you're given the certainty of knowing exactly how much you would receive come claim time.
Other features include:
- worldwide cover; and
- no waiting period if you suffer a relapse within a year of your benefit ceasing.
If you need help working out just what kind of business insurance you need, talk to your Adviser or call us on 0800 808 267.
Important note: This information provides a general summary of the key features of the products described and is subject to change without notice. Full details including Definitions, Exclusions, Terms and Conditions are set out in the Policy Document and Schedule, which is available on request. Applications for cover are subject to approval by AMP Underwriting.
This document contains information of a general nature only. If you would like advice that takes into account your particular financial situation or goals, please contact your Adviser.
A disclosure statement is available from your Adviser on request and free of charge.
The AMP group of companies operates in New Zealand through two life insurance companies. Lifetrack products are issued by AMP Life Limited ABN 84 079 300 379 (Incorporated in New South Wales, Australia) ("AMP Life"). References to AMP in relation to Lifetrack products are to AMP Life.