AMP today announced the appointment of Richard Brown to Head of Distribution and Clive Atkins to Head of Enterprise Distribution within its Advice and Sales business, aligning some of its distribution functions to deliver improved services for customers. Brown was previously AMP’s National Manager for its AMP Financial Advisers network and Atkins was National Manager for its Independent Financial Adviser network.
Blair Vernon, AMP’s Director of Advice and Sales, says, “At AMP we continue to evolve our business to provide high-quality support and services for all those who are part of the AMP family. We envisage a range of positive opportunities to flow from the natural grouping of some functions, including access to enhanced services for our customers and corporate partners.”
Brown’s broadened role within the leading insurance and investment company includes overall responsibility for its distribution business, including AMP’s aligned Advisers and most of those within its independent Adviser channel. Atkins is responsible for servicing AMP’s corporate partners and institutional brokers, specialising in the employee benefits area.
AMP has one of the largest financial advice networks in New Zealand and through its customer-focused Advice and Sales business supports its Advisers and corporate partners to deliver accessible and personalised advice to help more New Zealanders own their tomorrow.
Some things to know about AMP:
- AMP has one of the largest financial advice networks in New Zealand.
- AMP’s customers hold more than 830,000 investment, savings and insurance products.
- The AMP KiwiSaver Scheme and funds are among the most highly awarded. In 2015 our funds received a ‘Silver’ analyst rating from Morningstar and the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme received a Platinum rating from SuperRatings for providing 'best value for money'.
- AMP is the third largest KiwiSaver Scheme provider with 13 per cent of the total KiwiSaver market and approximately 245,000 KiwiSaver customers.
- AMP holds licences as a Manager of Managed Investment Schemes and to provide a Discretionary Investment Management Service.
- Since 1998, AMP has awarded more than $2 million through the AMP Scholarship Programme to help Kiwis achieve their dreams.
In 2015, AMP:
- Supported 2,048 families in their time of need by paying out $108.5 million in life insurance and $26.3 million in trauma claims.
- Helped 486 New Zealanders who were unable to return to work because of an illness or injury by paying out $16.8 million in income protection insurance.
- Assisted 116 Kiwis to return to work following a major illness or injury.
- Paid $79.7 million in general insurance claims.
- Wrote $504.2 million in new mortgages.
- Helped 42,904 New Zealanders by providing advice over the phone.