Why it’s important to look after your people
Offering a great employee benefits package to show how much you value your workforce, is one way of helping to improve employee satisfaction. Benefits you could choose, which employees would value, include insurance options and retirement savings plans.
Rewarding your employees in this way shows you’re concerned about the wellbeing and financial security of then and their families, and have their best interests at heart. It may also mean they’re less likely to look for work opportunities elsewhere.
A valuable benefits package also makes your business a more attractive option for potential employees, and gives you a strong advantage over the competition.
What’s New Zealand’s most popular employee retirement savings scheme?
In New Zealand, we have a large range of retirement savings schemes to choose from.
KiwiSaver is New Zealand’s most popular work-based retirement savings initiative, set up by the government to help New Zealanders save towards their retirement nest egg.
As an employer you need to make KiwiSaver available to your employees, and meet a number of associated requirements.
The benefits your employees will see as members of KiwiSaver include:
- an annual member tax credit contribution of 50 cents for every dollar saved, up to a maximum of $521.43 per year (if eligible)
- compulsory employer contributions
- a range of funds and investment options to choose from
- help with buying their first home (if eligible)
Find out more about the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme.
What other employee retirement savings scheme options are there?Show more
You have the option to offer your employees access to other types of retirement savings schemes aside from KiwiSaver.
A benefit of offering a non-KiwiSaver superannuation scheme is your potential ability to design an employer plan with specific features and rules to provide employees with extra benefits. This could vary in terms of:
- types of funds the employee can invest in
- options employees have once they leave the company
- ways to manage their funds through online services.
Find out more about our employer-based superannuation scheme - the New Zealand Retirement Trust (NZRT)
Give your employees peace of mind as a benefitShow more
An insurance policy can provide your employees and their families with financial support and security, and help you to attract and retain valuable employees.
Workplace insurance offerings can help you to:
- build a positive work culture - by demonstrating your commitment to employees’ emotional and financial wellbeing
- be a strong competitor in the employment marketplace - by boosting your remuneration package in a cost effective way.
It’s important that you find a provider who:
- has experience helping to financially protect families and property
- are on hand to offer specialised, professional advice
- can make the claims process quick and easy follow.
Find out more about how we offer insurance for employees.
Important informationShow more
AMP Wealth Management New Zealand Limited is the issuer and manager of the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme (the 'Scheme'). The Supervisor of the Scheme is The New Zealand Guardian Trust Company Limited (the 'Supervisor'). AMP Wealth Management New Zealand Limited is the Trustee of the New Zealand Retirement Trust (NZRT).