By offering a comprehensive benefits package, you could improve employee satisfaction. A valuable benefits package could also make your business a more attractive option for potential employees, and could potentially give you a strong advantage over the competition.
You can choose to include great benefit options around insurance and retirement savings as part of your employee offerings. This can help show you’re concerned about the ongoing wellbeing and financial security of your employees and their families, and have their best interests at heart.
What options are there for an employee retirement savings scheme?
In New Zealand, there are a large number of different retirement savings schemes to choose from. As an employer you need to make KiwiSaver available to your employees, and meet a number of associated requirements.
KiwiSaver is New Zealand’s most popular work-based retirement savings initiative, set up by the government to help New Zealanders save towards their retirement.
The benefits your business will see from selecting the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme as your employer chosen KiwiSaver scheme include:
- fewer sets of information to deal with from different KiwiSaver scheme providers, and less questions about them from your employees.
- the ability to order information packs online for employees, covering all they need to know about the scheme
- dedicated support from your own Adviser.
We all know there’s no ‘one size fits all’ when saving for retirement, so the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme has a range of different funds to suit each employee’s goals and aspirations.
The benefits your employees will receive as members of KiwiSaver include:
- an annual Government contribution of 50 cents for every dollar they save, up to a maximum of $521.43 per year (if eligible)
- compulsory employer contributions
- help with buying their first home (if eligible)
Find out more about KiwiSaver for employees.
KiwiSaver is not the only retirement savings optionShow more
You can offer your employees access to other retirement savings schemes.
The benefit of non-KiwiSaver superannuation schemes is that you have greater flexibility to tailor a scheme to the needs of you and your employees when setting it up. This could vary in terms of:
- ability to cater to early retirement or leaving employment early through redundancy or ill health
- incentivised contribution scales rewarding employee tenure
- providing additional insurance as a part of the offer.
Find out more about AMP’s employer-based superannuation scheme – the New Zealand Retirement Trust (NZRT)
Help give your employees peace of mindShow more
Show your people that you appreciate them and their contribution to your business by offering a workplace insurance benefit.
A group insurance policy can provide your employees and their families with financial support and security, and help you to attract and retain valuable employees.
Workplace insurance offerings can help you to:
- build a positive work culture - by demonstrating your commitment to employees’ emotional and financial wellbeing.
- be a strong competitor in the marketplace - by boosting your remuneration package in a cost effective way.
It’s important that you find a provider who:
- has experience helping to financially protect families and their property
- is on hand to offer specialised advice through professional Advisers
- makes the claim process quick and easy to follow, to support your staff and their families through whatever challenges they are facing.
Find out more about insurance for employees
Important informationShow more
AMP Wealth Management New Zealand Limited is the issuer and manager of the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme (the 'Scheme'). The Supervisor of the Scheme is The New Zealand Guardian Trust Company Limited (the 'Supervisor'). AMP Wealth Management New Zealand Limited is the Trustee of the New Zealand Retirement Trust (NZRT).