Many Kiwi businesses are under-insured. They protect assets against the obvious risks like fire and theft, but don’t consider the not-so-obvious risks, such as getting sued or the business downturn that follows a natural disaster.
Because no two businesses are alike, your business insurance policy can be tailormade to meet the unique needs of your company.
This might suit you if…
- you manage a business that owns assets, employs people and could be seriously affected by disaster
- you're worried about your liabilities under recent legislative changes such as the new Health & Safety at Work Act
- you're looking for advice to identify the right types of insurance.
Here’s what you get:
- Asset protection - including buildings, vehicles, stock, plant and machinery
- Liability protection - public, statutory, employers, directors' and officers' professional indemnity
- Business interruption protection - essential financial support if a disaster disrupts your gross profit.
Talk to your Adviser
or enquire online now
Types of coverShow more
When it comes to commercial insurance, there are different kinds of protection options.
- Material Damage - This covers loss or damage to your commercial buildings, contents, plant, stock and other assets.
- Business Interruption - We know if a business stops, it could fail. So we make it our business to keep you going. Our Business Interruption cover helps you in case of financial loss if your business is interrupted due to a claim on your business assets (Material Damage).
- Liability - There is a suite of liability covers that your business potentially needs. This includes the five core liability covers already mentioned; however you may need more.
- Business Vehicles - Commercial motor insurance gives you the option of covering your vehicles used primarily for business.
How much does it cost?Show more
How much you pay largely depends on:
- the nature and the risks associated with your business
- type of insurance covers selected
- the location of your insured property
You can get a customised premium quote from your financial Adviser.
Find out more about getting started.
New Health & Safety rules expose you to statutory liability riskShow more
Did you know that New Zealand is one of the few countries in the world where you can insure against statutory liability? AMP Statutory Liability Cover defends you, your business and your employees against unintentional breaches of New Zealand Acts of Parliament. In particular, it pays for defence costs, fines and reparations (note a fine, penalty or infringement fee paid or which becomes due to be paid under the Health & Safety in Employment Act 1992 (or any replacement Act) is excluded from cover).
To get a tailored insurance policy for your business, get in contact with your Adviser or make an enquiry today.