There’s a lot to think about when running a tradie business so we’ve created insurance cover that will give you one less thing to think about - specifically designed for you, whether you’re a one man band, or run a business of up to five people.
Because there’s so much going on, things don’t always go right. You want insurance that’s got you covered when tools get nicked, your van gets dinged, or you drop your ‘can’t do without it’ mobile phone. There’s also potential for really big challenges, like defective workmanship that could lead to a court case.
This might suit you if…
- you own a tradie business as a one man-band, or run a business of up to five people
- you’re looking for guidance and expertise from an experienced and knowledgeable Adviser.
Here’s what you get:
- Insurance that provides a range of cover, from tools, vehicles and stock, right through to cover for business interruption and protection from liability claims
- Flexibility with optional add-ons to suit your specific needs.
Talk to your Adviser
or enquire online now
Cover for a range of trades businesses
AMP Tradies Insurance has been designed to cover a variety of different building trades. These include builders, electricians and plumbers, as well as glaziers, tilers, plasterers and more.
With AMP Tradies Insurance you can get cover for your:
- business premises
- digital devices
- business interruption
- legal liability
- first aid cover.
Some of your assets are automatically covered and others are optional so you can tailor your insurance to suit your needs.
Cover for your tools and devicesShow more
The portable nature of tools and digital devices means they can be stolen, damaged or lost. It’s good to know that you can get these replaced or repaired.
- replacement cover for loss, damage or theft of tools anywhere in New Zealand
- cover for employees’ tools (if they don’t have cover themselves)
- replacement cover for mobile devices - phones, tablets and laptops up to 3 years old.
Cover for your vehiclesShow more
A successful trades business relies on functional vehicles, including trailers. Our policy covers most types of trades’ vehicles.
- cover for accidental loss or damage to your business vehicles anywhere in New Zealand
- hire of a vehicle following theft
- stolen or damaged trailers
Extra cover for accessories, spare parts, permanently attached business-related equipment and vehicle signage/graphic wraps, in case the sum insured is not enough after total loss.
Cover for business continuityShow more
If an accidental event creates extra costs, we’ll step in to help. AMP Tradies Insurance protects you against increased costs caused by a claimable event.
- cover for increased costs of working, outstanding accounts receivable, claims preparation costs and reinstatement of records
- if you want comprehensive business interruption cover for lost gross profit until your business has returned to normal, please discuss other cover options with your Adviser.
Cover for legal liabilityShow more
Running a business exposes you to liability claims, including statutory risks. Rest easy knowing we can protect you from most of these risks. As an example, our legal liability cover could assist if your employees cause unintended personal injury or property damage while they’re at work.
Make a claimShow more
How the claims process works
- The claims team will discuss with you the event, the impact and in most cases let you know straight away whether you’re covered under your policy. Having your policy number, and as much detail of the claim (and if possible photographs) on hand when you call usually helps to speed things up.
- The claims consultants will assess your claim and may even be able to approve the claim then and there. Otherwise they will get in contact with you to let you know the outcome, next steps or they might request some more information.
- Once approved, we will look to put things right by either organising payment or working with suppliers to get you back to where you started.
To get a tailored insurance policy for your trades business, get in contact with your Adviser or make an enquiry today.