Professional indemnity insurance for advice givers

11 August 2016

Do you need professional indemnity insurance?

If you’re a knowledge worker who regularly gives advice to clients, what happens if you get it wrong? While New Zealand used to be a country where ‘getting sued’ was a rare occurrence, our business world is increasingly litigious. And lawsuits can be expensive, especially if you lose.

In this video, AMP business insurance expert Rob Dibley discusses professional indemnity insurance, which is primarily for business consultants, IT developers, accountants, lawyers, web companies and other professionals who provide specialist advice.

Insurers have specialised people handling liability claims, including specialist legal teams behind the scenes. If the claim is complex, insurers can consult specialist legal minds to evaluate your position.

During a claim your insurer will handle things on your behalf – you need to cooperate, but you can get on with managing your business.

Need help? Talk to your Adviser or enquire online now.

Get tailored insurance for your business

Contact your Adviser or make an enquiry now.

Enquire now

Important information

Show more

The content on this website is for information only. The information is of a general nature and does not constitute financial advice or other professional advice. Before taking any action, you should always seek financial advice or other professional advice relevant to your personal circumstances. While care has been taken to supply information on this website that is accurate, no entity or person gives any warranty of reliability or accuracy, or accepts any responsibility arising in any way including from any error or omission.

This AMP branded general insurance product is underwritten by Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited, 48 Shortland Street, Auckland.

A disclosure statement is available from your adviser, on request and free of charge.