About AMP financial Advisers
AMP gives customers one of the easiest, most convenient ways to find tailored solutions for their insurance, mortgage broking and KiwiSaver needs.
What you’ll do as an AMP financial Adviser
As an AMP Financial Adviser you will take charge of your career and your income as you form meaningful, long-term relationships with AMP customers.
As part of our mobile financial advice team, you’ll work closely with customers to help them choose superannuation, insurance and mortgage packages that are specific to their individual needs.
You’ll meet with customers regularly to discuss their personal financial situations which will help you to provide relevant solutions and help them own their tomorrows.
What makes a great Adviser at AMP?
- A natural ability to get on with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and situations.
- The ability to listen, understand and give quality advice.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and commitment to establishing long-term clients.
- Strong desire for performance driven compensation and growing earning potential.
- A self-motivated, highly driven and entrepreneurial personality.
- Experience in doing a great job for your customers, whether it be through sales, customer services, or other client facing experience
What can you expect as an AMP Adviser?
- A career with meaning.
- Industry-leading training to help you succeed in your new role.
- You may get an AMP branded vehicle, laptop and iPhone.
- Unlimited earning potential.
- Excellent employee benefits including a 12% employer superannuation contribution on top of your base salary, free Life and Income Protection cover, and free Southern Cross health insurance.
The opportunity to succeed with the flexibility to balance your personal commitments and interests.
Get in contact
It's easy to browse the AMP roles on offer - you can go to our careers portal to view all of our current opportunities. If you find a job that matches your skills and preferences, we'd love to hear from you. Simply complete and submit an online application.
Future career progression
Your career as a financial Adviser starts here. We’re always thinking about tomorrow, and when you start a career with us we’re thinking not just about this move, but your next one.
When you’re ready to consider your next step, there are a number of opportunities that you could explore with us. Within our AMP team we have a range of different Adviser roles:
- Direct Sales Consultants - dedicated to contacting customers and educating them about KiwiSaver.
- Direct Advisers - dedicated to calling and speaking to existing AMP clients about their current insurance and investments policies and ensuring that they are still meeting the customers’ needs. If they’re not, it’s about suggesting alternative or additional solutions to meet their changing needs.
- AMP Financial Advisers - dedicated to meeting and connecting with new AMP customers in a location that is convenient to them. This team provides face to face advice to meet our customers’ needs in Life insurance, General insurance, mortgages and KiwiSaver.
When you’re ready to consider your next step, there are a number of opportunities that you could explore with us:
- Join our AMP Adviser network and move into an aligned AMP Adviser business. This will give you the chance to be self-employed, while still benefitting from AMP's ongoing support with continuous professional development, systems and processes.
- Progress your career with AMP Financial Services. Bring your experience from the field to add value in a variety of roles within other AMP business areas where your skills are transferable.
- Explore opportunities in our Spicers Portfolio Management business. Spicers Advisers work with high net worth clients to create tailored financial planning and investment options.
Or simply continue on your pathway as an AMP financial Adviser. This is a great role and once established and successful in this space, you’ll enjoy job satisfaction and financial rewards.
Training and support
At AMP development doesn't stop at training. We pride ourselves on providing our new Advisers with robust and tailored training as well as ongoing professional development.
You will spend your first few weeks building the right techniques to help you:
- effectively communicate with customers
- identify customers’ needs
- sell relevant and appropriate solutions.
Our training is based on industry best practice and legislative requirements, and supports you to achieve Authorised Financial Adviser (AFA) status. If you are already an AFA, our initial training course will still be valuable to you and will reflect your individual development goals for the next stage in your career.
You will enjoy regular professional development days and a coaching and mentoring programme to ensure your continued growth and development.
We’re committed to the ongoing support of our Advisers and are proud to be actively involved in enhancing the quality of education standards within the industry.