Landlord insurance

Flexible cover to protect your property investments

Need help?

Talk to your Adviser Search
Other queries 09 363 5710
Emergency assistance0800 800 786

Your valuable rental property investment needs special protection, so we make it easy to choose landlord home and contents insurance, easy to get a quote and easy to buy.

Choose your cover

You can choose to insure your home and contents, or just home or just contents


Everyday Plus Landlord Home Insurance

Home cover for accidental damage, methamphetamine contamination, lock replacement, damage to gardens and plants, legal liability and major events (such as an earthquake, storm, fire or flood).

Who is this good for?

Landlords who want peace of mind their valuable investment property is protected.


Everyday Plus Landlord Contents Insurance

Contents cover for accidental loss or damage, theft, fire, methamphetamine contamination, lock replacement and legal liability.

Who is this good for?

Landlords who want peace of mind their things in their investment property are protected.

Legal Liability Legal liability Cover for your legal liability to pay for loss or damage to other people’s property. Up to $1,000,000 (home) Up to $1,000,000 (contents)
SumExtra SumExtra SumExtra can provide the benefit of full replacement cost if your house is damaged or destroyed by non-natural disaster and up to 10% of your sum insured extra cover if your house is damaged or destroyed by natural disaster. Conditions apply. Optional
Methamphetamine contamination Methamphetamine contamination Cover for reasonable costs incurred for the testing, decontamination and repair of the damaged portion of your home or contents if they suffer loss or damage as a result of use, consumption, storage or manufacture of methamphetamine or its precursor chemicals by your tenants or persons at the home with your tenants’ permission. Up to $50,000 Up to $50,000
Malicious damage Malicious damage Cover for malicious, intentional or deliberate damage to the home or contents, or theft of any part of the home or contents, committed by the tenant(s) or persons at the home with your tenants’ permission. Limits apply. Optional Optional
Gradual damage Gradual damage Cover for gradual physical damage to your home and/or contents resulting from water leaking or overflowing from any internal water systems in certain circumstances, provided that the damage first occurs during the period of insurance and the water leak or overflow causing the damage was not visible, noticeable or obvious. Up to $2,500 Up to $2,500
Loss of rent Optional
Removal of debris Removal of debris Cover for the costs of demolishing and removing the damaged parts of your home, and/ or disposing of damaged contents. Up to 15% of Sum Insured
Damage to gardens and plants Up to $1,000
Temporary accommodation for shared homes Temporary accommodation for shared homes Cover for your reasonable temporary accommodation costs where you live in your home with a tenant and your home suffers loss or damage which makes it unliveable. Up to 10% of the Sum Insured for up to 12 months
Mortgage discharge costs Mortgage discharge costs The administrative and legal costs of discharging the mortgage and deleting the mortgagee from the land title on your home. Up to $1,000
Retaining walls Up to $50,000 or possibly more if you’ve had a pre-loss valuation of your home and retaining walls (conditions apply)
Storage of undamaged contents Storage of undamaged contents If you make a claim for loss or damage to your contents and it is agreed that your undamaged contents cannot be kept at the insured address because it is unliveable, there is cover for the reasonable cost to store the undamaged contents until the contents can be kept at the insured address. Up to 10% of Sum Insured
Contents on common property Contents on common property Cover for your contents permanently fixed on or to common property of your residential complex on the same basis as if they were at the insured address. Up to $1,000
Lock replacement Lock replacement Cover for the necessary costs of replacing or recoding locks to the external doors or windows of your home at the insured address if your tenant leaves the insured address before the end of the tenancy agreement without the required notice; or is legally evicted from the insured address, and does not return the keys to you. Up to $500 Up to $500
Other repair/rebuilding costs Other repair/rebuilding costs Such as make-safe works, professional fees like architects or surveyors and additional work to make damaged parts of your home comply with current building regulations.
Want to read the fine print? Policy Document Policy Document
Quote or Buy Quote or Buy

Want to buy both home and contents insurance?

If you want protection for your investment property, including having it rebuilt if it's damaged, and for your contents inside it, then why not get both home and contents insurance.

Not quite what you’re looking for?

An Adviser can talk you through our full suite of products and help tailor your insurance to meet your needs.

Already have an existing policy?

You can take a look at our policy documents here.

5 things to like about AMP landlord insurance

Excess options to shrink your premium

You can reduce your premium by increasing your excess (the amount you pay for each event when you make a claim, we sort the rest).

24/7 Emergency assistance

With AMP landlord insurance, you get access to a 24/7 emergency assistance call centre.


With AMP Home insurance you can receive the benefit of SumExtra which offers the full replacement cost if your home is damaged or destroyed by an insured event other than a natural disaster, and up to 10% of your sum insured extra cover for natural disasters (conditions apply).

Flexible payment options

You have the option to pay your premium fortnightly, monthly or yearly. Simply select the payment option that best suits you when you purchase your insurance online.

We make the claims process easy

We have an experienced claims team who will support you and keep you updated throughout the journey. Our aim is to make the claims process as easy and clear as possible.

Important information

Show more

AMP Home, Contents, Car and Landlord insurance are issued and underwritten by Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited. The above is only a summary of some of the cover provided and is for information purposes only. It is important to note that limits, excesses, terms and conditions and exclusions apply to the cover outlined. Please refer to the policy document for details of the cover. The provision of cover is subject to the underwriting criteria that apply at the time.

A disclosure statement is available from your Adviser, on request and free of charge.