With acres of space and all the comforts of home, a lifestyle block can offer a world of choices. You can run it like a small farm, with all the equipment that goes with it, or simply enjoy the peace and quiet of your comfortable country retreat.
With insurance that’s designed for your type of lifestyle property, you can have one policy that’s tailored to your specific needs. It covers not only your home, contents and vehicles, but also those risks unique to lifestyle blocks.
That way you only pay for the cover you need, all with a single premium.
Here’s what you get:
- insurance that provides a range of cover from home, contents, car and boat, to cover for farm equipment, livestock and liability
- flexibility with optional add-ons to suit your specific needs
Cover for your lifestyle farm assets
With AMP Lifestyle Block insurance you can get cover for your:
- Farm buildings, silos, tanks, concrete paving and cattle stops
- Tools and machinery
- Animal feed
- Submersible and surface pumps
Some of your farm assets are automatically covered and others are optional so you can tailor your insurance to suit your needs.
Cover for your livestock, farm dogs and horses
With AMP Lifestyle Block insurance you can tailor your cover for the animals you own. There are options for pedigree animals, veterinary fees, theft, escape and many more.
Your Adviser will be able to help you work out the best options for you.
Insuring your farm assetsShow more
With Lifestyle Block insurance you can make sure your farm assets are protected. These can include farm buildings, machinery, plant and tools, and animal feed (excluding growing crops).
For personalised advice on the right insurance options for you find your nearest Adviser.
Cover for your home, contents, vehicle and boatShow more
Insure your house with AMP Lifestyle Block insurance and get cover packed with great features. Our comprehensive home insurance option covers driveways, decks, garages and even swimming pools, up to the Sum Insured. You may also automatically qualify for our great SumExtra benefit.
Lifestyle Block insurance provides cover for your personal belongings giving the option of additional cover for when items are taken away from home.
Motor vehicle insurance
Lifestyle Block insurance provides cover for both your farm and private use vehicles. You can insure your vehicles comprehensively or, for a reduced premium, you may choose Third Party or Third Party Fire and Theft cover.
Lifestyle Block insurance covers watercraft, from jet skis and runabouts right through to keelers and large motor launches.
Liability cover for your needsShow more
Liability insurance covers your legal liability to pay compensation for damage to property or personal injury events that link to your lifestyle block.
Additional Lifestyle benefits are available where you pay an additional premium for Lifestyle Farmers Liability cover.
Make a claimShow more
How the claims process works
- The claims team will discuss with you the event, the impact and in most cases let you know straight away whether you’re covered under your policy. Having your policy number, and as much detail of the claim (and if possible photographs) on hand when you call usually helps to speed things up.
- The claims consultants will assess your claim and may even be able to approve the claim then and there. Otherwise they will get in contact with you to let you know the outcome, next steps or they might request some more information.
- Once approved, we will look to put things right by either organising payment or working with suppliers to get you back to where you started.
To get a tailored insurance policy for your lifestyle block, get in contact with an AMP Adviser today.
Important informationShow more
The above summarises the insurance protection provided under the AMP Farm Plan policy. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply to the features and benefits outlined, so please refer to the policy wording for full details of cover.
This AMP branded general insurance product is underwritten by Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited, 48 Shortland Street, Auckland.