AMP has a solution for nearly all your rural insurance needs.
Our Farm Plan rural insurance policy is designed for the unique yet varied insurance needs of farmers whether on a small or large commercial scale. After 160 years of working with New Zealand’s farming community, we know that you want insurance that’s dependable, yet flexible enough to meet the challenging demands of farming today.
Each section of our policy has extensive automatic benefits as well as optional benefits that can be specific to your farming needs, whatever you’re farming and on any scale. Our policy also includes protection for your home and vehicles, for work and personal use.
Here’s what you get:
- Insurance that provides a range of covers for your farm assets, home, contents, car and boat and offers flexibility with optional add-ons to suit your specific needs.
Save money with our discounts
If you have two or more insurance covers with us, such as contents or car insurance, you may qualify for a package discount. If you have another product with AMP you also get a loyalty discount.
Cover if your machinery breaks down
With Farm Plan, farm machinery is covered for full replacement value if it’s less than five years old.
- costs to hire a replacement machine and ordinary freight costs
- labour overtime costs to expedite repairs and express freight costs are covered.
Cover for your livestock, farm dogs and horses
With AMP Farm Plan you can tailor your cover for the animals you own. There are options for pedigree animals, veterinary fees, theft, escape and many more.
Your rural adviser will be able to help you work out the best options for you.
Insuring your farm assetsShow more
With Farm Plan you can make sure your farm assets are protected. These can include farm buildings, machinery, plant and tools, and animal feed (excluding growing crops).
Some farm assets are automatically covered and others are optional so you can tailor your insurance to suit your needs.
For personalised advice on the right rural insurance options for you find your nearest rural adviser.
Cover for your home, contents, vehicle and boatShow more
Insure your farmhouse with AMP Farm Plan and get cover packed with great features. Our comprehensive home insurance option covers driveways, decks, garages and even swimming pools, up to the Sum Insured. You may also automatically qualify for our great SumExtra benefit.
Farm Plan provides cover for your personal belongings giving the option of additional cover for when items are taken away from home.
Motor vehicle insurance
Farm Plan provides cover for both your farm and private use vehicles. You can insure your vehicles comprehensively or, for a reduced premium, you may choose Third Party or Third Party Fire and Theft cover.
Farm Plan boat cover provides for repair or replacement of your boat, up to the Sum Insured you nominate.
Liability cover for your needsShow more
Farm Plan provides you with farmer’s liability insurance. This means you might be covered for legal defence costs if anyone is injured or property is damaged, due to your farming operations. Cover includes these key legal liabilities for farmers:
- accidental death or injury to an animal or bird, that doesn’t belong to you, from poisoning
- damage to premises, vehicles or other property that you don’t own or rent, including livestock
- land and water contamination.
Make a claimShow more
How the claims process works
- The claims team will discuss with you the event, the impact and in most cases let you know straight away whether you’re covered under your policy. Having your policy number, and as much detail of the claim (and if possible photographs) on hand when you call usually helps to speed things up.
- The claims consultants will assess your claim and may even be able to approve the claim then and there. Otherwise they will get in contact with you to let you know the outcome, next steps or they might request some more information.
- Once approved, we will look to put things right by either organising payment or working with suppliers to get you back to where you started.
To get a tailored insurance policy for your lifestyle block, get in contact with an AMP adviser today.
Important informationShow more
The above summarises some of the cover provided by AMP’s Farm Plan policy. It is important to note that limits, excesses, terms, conditions and exclusions apply to the cover outlines. Please refer to the policy wording for details of cover.
The provision of cover under the AMP Farm Plan policy is subject to the underwriting criteria that apply at the time.
This AMP branded general insurance product is underwritten by Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited.