Rural insurance

All about protecting your farm property

Need help?

Talk to your adviser Search

Whether you rely on your farm to make ends meet, or simply have a lifestyle block with a few animals to keep you company, we tailor our rural insurance to suit your buildings, stock and vehicle needs.

Choose your rural cover

Farm Plans

Protecting a farm is a unique challenge - it’s about insuring both your home and your income. With cover for buildings, assets, contents, buildings, loss of profit, liabilities and vehicles, Farm Plan offers flexibility to suit your specific situation.

Who is this good for?

Farmers and lifestyle block owners that are looking for guidance and expertise from an experienced and knowledgeable rural adviser.

Farm buildings and assets Farm buildings and assets Covers farm buildings for a wide range of losses such as fire, storm, impact and flood plus more
Loss of profit Loss of profit Cover for loss of profit following a loss covered under your farm buildings and farm assets.
Livestock and farm animals Livestock and farm animals Covers farm livestock, dogs & horses for death by accident connected with farm operations.
Legal liability Legal liability covers Cover for statutory liability including defence costs, and for legal liability to pay compensation if anyone is injured or property is damaged due to your farming operations.
Farm house Farm house Covers driveways, decks, garages and even swimming pools, up to the Sum Insured. You may also qualify for our great SumExtra benefit.
Farm house contents Farm house contents Cover for your personal belongings offering replacement value for most items insured and including personal liability to protect you and your family
Farm vehicles Farm vehicles Cover for both your farm and private use vehicles. You can insure your vehicles comprehensively or, for a reduced premium, you may choose Third Party or Third Party Fire and Theft cover.
Lifestyle block
Want to read the fine print? Policy Document
Get a quote

Custom cover for you and your farm

Each section of our policy has extensive automatic benefits as well as optional benefits that can be specific to your farming needs, whatever you’re farming and on any scale.

Help from an expert

Talk to your adviser to go through your options and help tailor a rural insurance policy that is exactly what you’re looking for.

3 things to like about AMP rural insurance

Specialist rural advisers

We have a team of specialist rural advisers who live and work where you are all over NZ.

We’re part of the farming fabric

After 160 years of working with farmers, we know that you want insurance that’s dependable, yet flexible enough to meet the challenging demands of farming today.

We make the claims process easy

We have an experienced claims team who will support you and keep you updated throughout the journey.

Important information

Show more

AMP Home, Contents, Car and Landlord insurance are issued and underwritten by Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited. The above is only a summary of some of the cover provided and is for information purposes only. It is important to note that limits, excesses, terms and conditions and exclusions apply to the cover outlined. Please refer to the policy document for details of the cover. The provision of cover is subject to the underwriting criteria that apply at the time.

A disclosure statement is available from your Adviser, on request and free of charge.