KiwiSaver isn’t your regular savings account - it’s specifically designed to help you prepare for your retirement. Whether you’re just starting out or have been working for a while, it’s never too early to start planning your retirement.
What is KiwiSaver?
KiwiSaver is a long-term savings scheme, designed to help you save for your retirement. For most people, it’s work-based, with contributions from you and your employer deducted from your pay. Those contributions are invested into the fund(s) of your choice to deliver a return that could help lift your savings.
The benefits of KiwiSaver
KiwiSaver offers a range of benefits, which change from time to time. These may include:
- an annual Government contribution of 50 cents for every dollar you save, up to a maximum of $521.43 per year (if eligible)
- compulsory contributions from your employer (if eligible)
- flexibility to respond to changes in your situation
- help with buying your first home.
It's easy to join the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme
Watch your savings add up
Your employer and government contributions work alongside your own contributions to boost your savings. That’s why KiwiSaver may be more effective than a regular savings plan to help you meet your retirement savings goals.
Is KiwiSaver for me?Show more
Yes, if you’re:
- living or normally living in New Zealand (with some exceptions)
- a New Zealand citizen, or entitled to live in New Zealand indefinitely
- below the qualifying age of New Zealand superannuation (currently age 65)
- from 1 July 2019 you will be able to join KiwiSaver regardless of your age.
Flexible to suit your changing needsShow more
KiwiSaver can help you stay in control of your retirement savings, by being flexible enough to keep up with changes in your circumstances.
For example, you can take a break from saving with a savings suspension or if something unexpected happens, there are a number of ways you can withdraw the contributions you’ve already made.
KiwiSaver also offers you the flexibility to make extra contributions. Plus there are ways to use your money before you retire.
Important informationShow more
AMP Wealth Management New Zealand Limited is the issuer and manager of the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme (the 'Scheme'). The Supervisor of the Scheme is The New Zealand Guardian Trust Company Limited.