Every three months the investment research firm Morningstar conducts a survey of funds offered by KiwiSaver providers, to rate their performance and the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme proves to be a consistent performer during the quarter, with many AMP funds achieving ‘top five’ status for 1-year returns.
Highest performing AMP Funds (1-year returns):1
- AMP LS Aggressive 13% return - ranked 2nd in Aggressive category
- AMP LS Growth 11.6% return - ranked 3rd in Growth category
- AMP LS Moderate 6.1% return - ranked 4th in Moderate category
- AMP Default 4.9% return - ranked 3rd in Default category and 5th in Conservative category
- AMP LS Balanced 8.9% return - ranked 5th in Balanced category
“The first quarter of 2017 saw global sharemarkets continue to rise. KiwiSaver Schemes, with a bias to shares, out-performed. Cash and fixed interest posted only meagre single digit results, whereas equities were strong across the board, especially those with a bias to offshore investments”, Chris Douglas, Director of Manager Research Ratings, Morningstar.
Market commentary at a glance
- International equity markets have been performing well, due to stronger performance by China and an economic boost to the US from the Trump administration.
- Emerging markets are currently outperforming the developed economies.
- Funds with a higher allocation to growth assets (e.g. funds in Growth and Aggressive categories) are currently outperforming more conservative funds, due to the strong performance in equity markets.
“In general, it was a reasonable quarter for KiwiSaver funds, with all options producing positive results. Average multisector category returns ranged from 5.0% for the aggressive category to 1.8% for the conservative category”, Chris Douglas, Director of Manager Research Ratings, Morningstar.
If you have any questions about the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme, we’re always happy to help. Talk to your adviser or call us on 0800 267 5494.