Explanatory notesShow more
· These guidelines do not represent recommended levels of expenditure.
· The levels of expenditure shown in the guidelines may be used to assist in the development of projected retirement budgets, by providing information about actual levels of expenditure in retired households in standard expenditure categories.
· There are too few responses for spending in some expenditure sub-classes to permit reliable estimation. However, these responses can be included in the class estimation where there are more responses. As a result, the classes are not always the totals of the sub-classes.
· The Household Economic Survey (HES), on which the guidelines are based, relies on participants to accurately record their expenditure, and is only for a two-week period, which may not represent a typical fortnight for that household.
· The guidelines should not be used as a substitute for professional advice specific to individual circumstances.
· There is no retirement age in New Zealand, but the age of eligibility for NZ Superannuation (currently 65) is commonly used as a proxy for this. The definition of a retired household follows from this, as being a household where one form of income is New Zealand Superannuation, a war pension or other government pension. However, it is recognised that a retired household may include one or more persons who are still working part-time or even full-time.
Important informationShow more
This calculator is intended as a guide only and does not constitute investment advice. While care has been taken to ensure the information supplied is accurate no person accepts any liability for any loss or damage arising out of the use of this calculator. Results do not reflect actual returns and are not predictions of future returns (which are subject to investment and other risks, including loss of income and principal invested). Returns are not guaranteed by any person and fees are subject to change.
Investing in the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme is subject to risk, which includes the potential for you to lose income and any amounts invested. When using this calculator, you should have regard to your particular objectives, needs and financial situation. This calculator and the results it produces is intended to be of a general nature only and is not intended to be personalised advice. If necessary we recommend that you seek appropriate professional or financial advice before acting on any of the results provided by this calculator. A disclosure statement is available from your adviser, on request and free of charge.