There’s a lot to think about when running a tradie business so we’ve created insurance cover that will give you one less thing to think about - specifically designed for you, whether you’re a one man band, or run a business of up to five people.
Because there’s so much going on, things don’t always go right. You want insurance that’s got you covered when tools get nicked, your van gets dinged, or you drop your ‘can’t do without it’ mobile phone. There’s also potential for really big challenges, like defective workmanship that could lead to a court case.
AMP Tradies Insurance has been designed to cover a variety of different building trades. These include builders, electricians and plumbers, as well as glaziers, tilers, plasterers and more.
• Brick Layers
• Builders - residential homes or small commercial properties
• Carpet layers / Floor layers
• Electrician Maintenance Contractors
• Painters & Decorators (excludes spray painters)
• Plumbers and Gasfitters
• Shop fitters
• Stone & Marble workers
• business premises
• digital devices
• business interruption
• legal liability
• first aid cover
Some of your assets are automatically covered and others are optional so you can tailor your insurance to suit your needs.
The portable nature of tools and digital devices means they can be stolen, damaged or lost. It’s good to know that you can get these replaced or repaired.
- replacement cover for loss, damage or theft of tools anywhere in New Zealand
- cover for employees’ tools (if they don’t have cover themselves)
- replacement cover for mobile devices - phones, tablets and laptops up to 3 years old
A successful trades business relies on functional vehicles, including trailers. Our policy covers most types of trades’ vehicles.
- cover for accidental loss or damage to your business vehicles anywhere in New Zealand
- hire of a vehicle following theft
- stolen or damaged trailers
Extra cover for accessories, spare parts, permanently attached business-related equipment and vehicle signage/graphic wraps, in case the sum insured is not enough after total loss.
If an accidental event creates extra costs, we’ll step in to help. AMP Tradies Insurance protects you against increased costs caused by a claimable event.
- cover for increased costs of working, outstanding accounts receivable, claims preparation costs and reinstatement of records
- if you want comprehensive business interruption cover for lost gross profit until your business has returned to normal, please discuss other cover options with your Adviser
Running a business exposes you to liability claims, including statutory risks. Rest easy knowing we can protect you from most of these risks. As an example, our legal liability cover could assist if your employees cause unintended personal injury or property damage while they’re at work.
The above summarises the insurance protection provided by the Tradies Endorsement under AMP Business Insurance policy. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply to the features and benefits outlined, so please refer to the policy wording for full details of cover.
This AMP branded general insurance product is underwritten by Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited, 48 Shortland Street, Auckland.
While care has been taken to supply information on this website and within the chatbot tool that is accurate, no entity or person gives any warranty of reliability or accuracy, or accepts any responsibility arising in any way including from any error or omission. The content provided is intended to be used as information only and does not constitute financial advice, unless otherwise specified. Before acting on any of the results provided, we recommend that you seek advice which takes your individual circumstances into account.