At the heart of everything we do are our values: Wellbeing, Sustainability and Aspiration. These values underpin how we operate as a business and are the foundation of our integrated sustainability strategy.
Sustainability to us means more than protecting and maintaining our natural environment. It's also about helping to address a range of social issues to support a thriving community, economy and sustainable environment.
Sustainable, green, or eco investment is about considering the impact our investments have on society and the world around us alongside other financial outcomes and business factors. AMP is on a sustainable investing journey. Our intention is to:
Integrating environmental, social and governance factors into investment decisions.
Don't invest in companies causing harm, such as the fossil fuel industry.
Decarbonising our portfolios to achieve a net zero outcome by 2050 or sooner.
Active engagement with companies to deliver better outcomes for customers, shareholders, and the climate.
More and more people want to support businesses that are good for the world, and these businesses are thriving.
We’re committed to making sustainable investment decisions that deliver healthy fund performance, provide better value for money and help create a brighter future for generations to come.
We “look-through” layers of company ownership to also exclude investing companies that own certain percentages of other companies involved in these excluded areas. This means that we may invest in companies that own smaller percentages of other companies involved in the excluded areas. See our AMP Sustainable Investment Philosophy for more detail.
'Greenwashing' - providing misleading information or a false impression about how environmentally sound investment products are - is a growing issue.
This is why we've partnered with the Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA) to certify all AMP-named funds across our investment portfolio.
RIAA's Responsible Investment Certification Programme is the leading initiative for distinguishing quality responsible, ethical, and impact investment products and services in Australia and New Zealand.
AMP Wealth Management New Zealand Limited has been certified by the Responsible Investment Association Australasia according to the strict operational and disclosure practices required under the Responsible Investment Certification Program. See responsiblereturns.com.au for details.*
We are placed in the top 20% of responsible investors assessed by the Responsible Investment Association Australasia, demonstrating leading practice in our commitment to responsible investing; our explicit consideration of environmental, social and governance factors in investment decision making; our strong and collaborative stewardship; and our transparency in reporting activity, including the societal and environmental outcomes being achieved. Read more.
We recognise the vital role business needs to play to support our communities. That’s a key part of who we are and what we do.
We recognise the vital role business needs to play to provide the help New Zealanders need. At the heart of our customer promise is our focus on:
Wellbeing: Helping to foster a community where everyone can flourish
• Improving diversity and inclusion in our workplace
• Continuing to provide market leading employee benefits and wellness initiatives
• Providing the help not-for-profits and social enterprise need to support those in our community who need it most
• Strengthen our connection to Aotearoa New Zealand, our land and people.
Sustainability: Protecting and maintaining our natural environment
• Continuing to offset and reduce our carbon emissions
• Collaborating with other New Zealand businesses to address key environmental challenges through the Sustainable Business Council
• Actively engaging on environmental issues through our investments.
Aspiration: Supporting the financial wellbeing of all New Zealanders
• Delivering great outcomes for our clients through high-quality products and services, and financial help and guidance
• Maintaining our focus on conduct and culture and promoting best practice across the financial services industry
• Delivering innovative tools and technologies to empower more Kiwis to take control of their financial future.
Join the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme and say YES to sustainable investing and YES to healthy returns.
* The Responsible Investment Certification Program does not constitute financial product advice. Neither the Certification Symbol nor RIAA recommends to any person that any financial product is a suitable investment or that returns are guaranteed. Appropriate professional advice should be sought prior to making an investment decision. RIAA does not hold a Financial Advice Provider licence.