AMP staff

Contact us

AMP KiwiSaver Scheme

0800 267 5494

Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm

Calling from outside NZ?
+64 4 439 5858

Book an appointment

      KiwiSaver forms >

      KiwiSaver FAQs >

About withdrawals

To read about how to withdraw money from the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme:

1. Log in to MyAMP
2. Click on the KiwiSaver card
3. Click on the blue 'Withdraw' button

The information you need about withdrawing at retirement age, for your first home, or for hardship is shown there, including the forms you need.

What's my balance?

The easiest way to see your balance at any time is with the MyAMP Online or Mobile.

You can read all about MyAMP on this page.

To access MyAMP Online, log in to MyAMP here.

With MyAMP you can:
• View your account balances and recent transactions
• See how your investments are performing
• Change your funds
• Make a one-off or regular payment to your KiwiSaver
• Update your personal details
• Secure message us and track the status of your requests

Insurance: Everyday

Everyday cover is insurance you purchased online rather than via an adviser.

You can make most of the changes you need to your policy yourself:

Login to My Insurance Manager

Got stuck? Contact us at or call 0800 505 234
Calling from outside NZ?
+64 9 363 5710

Insurance: Homeplan

Homeplan cover is insurance you purchased via an adviser.

Sales: 0800 267 263

Customers: 0508 806 244


Find adviser  >

Calling from outside NZ?
+64 9 916 4417

Other insurance

Roadside Assistance

Sales: 0508 267 271
Broken down? 0800 83 76 76

Travel insurance

0800 161 810

Calling from outside NZ?
+64 9 486 6868

      Business / Tradies / Farm / Site Cover



AMP Managed Funds

0800 267 001


AMP Investment Trust (AIT)
Savings and Investments Portfolio (SIP)

0800 267 111


AMP Shares

0800 448 062

Online message form  >


NZ Retirement Trust (NZRT)

0800 800 267



Find your adviser's details  >

General contact

Can't find the right number?

0800 267 005

Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm  

Want to give feedback/make a complaint?

Visit the feedback page  >


Frequently asked questions



How do I apply for KiwiSaver?

If you're looking to move your KiwiSaver account, take the hassle out and join the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme here.

If you want to find out how KiwiSaver works, read here.

How can I make a top up into my KiwiSaver?

There are a few options for making a payment into your KiwiSaver. You can top up through MyAMP online, MyAMP mobile, make a one-off internet banking payment or set up a regular direct debit.
Find out more here.

How can I update my personal details?

You can update your contact details, PIR rate and direct debit details by logging into MyAMP Online.
If you need to update your IRD number or name, please complete the change of personal details form and supply evidence of this change.
You can find the form here.

Who can certify my documents?

In New Zealand
– Justice of the Peace (visit or Yellow Pages to find one near you)
– New Zealand solicitor
– Notary public
– Deputy Registrar (at a District Court or the High Court)

In a Commonwealth country
– Judge
– Commissioner of Oaths
– Notary public
– Justice of the Peace
– Any person authorised by the law of that country to administer an oath there for the purpose of a judicial proceeding
– Commonwealth representative

In a non-Commonwealth country
– Commonwealth representative
– Judge
– Notary public

How can I change my PIR?

If you invest in the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme or The New Zealand Retirement Trust you can update your PIR by logging on to MyAMP. Otherwise you can call us on Find out more about the PIR here.

How do I know what my PIR should be?

You can use our simple guide to calculate your PIR, or you can visit the IRD website or ask your financial Adviser or accountant for help.

First home

Can I use my KiwiSaver savings to purchase my first home?

Here's a checklist to see if you can use your KiwiSaver funds to buy property (i.e. your first home or land to build your first home on).

✓ You're buying property in New Zealand
✓ You will either live in the home or on the land you are buying
A first home withdrawal can't be used to purchase a rental or investment property.
✓ You've been with KiwiSaver for a while
You need to have been a member of KiwiSaver (or another complying superannuation fund) for at least three years.
✓ You haven't owned any property before
However, there are some exceptions that may allow you to make a first home withdrawal even if you’ve owned property in the past.
✓ You haven't made a KiwiSaver first home withdrawal before
You can only make one successful first home withdrawal from your KiwiSaver.
✓ You're not building on land you already own
You can withdraw your KiwiSaver funds to contribute to the purchase of land, but not to the future costs of building a house on that land.

Find out more about buying a first home.

Can I withdraw everything?

Not quite. You must leave at least $1,000 (and any savings you’ve transferred from an Australian complying super scheme) in your KiwiSaver account.

Find out more about buying a first home.

How long does it take to make a first home withdrawal? And where does the money go?

A first home withdrawal at AMP usually takes around 8 to 15 days to process. Timing is everything here, so make sure you allow plenty of time and work backwards from the date you need to pay your deposit (or complete settlement) to ensure all your ducks are in a row. The money is paid to your solicitor – it won’t go to you. Your solicitor will then pass on the money as and when instructed by you.

Find out more about buying a first home.


Can I transfer funds to New Zealand from Australia?

If you have Super with a complying superannuation fund in Australia, you often can transfer it into your KiwiSaver in New Zealand.

Find out more about the transfer process here.

How can I apply for a Serious Financial Hardship withdrawal?

If you feel that you are suffering, or that you are likely to suffer, hardship and you have exhausted all other reasonable alternative sources of funds then you may be eligible for a significant financial hardship withdrawal from your KiwiSaver.

Have a look at our form if you would like to start this process.

How do I withdraw or transfer my KiwiSaver savings if I have moved overseas?

If you have moved overseas (excluding Australia), you can apply to withdraw your savings one year after you have permanently emigrated from New Zealand. You cannot withdraw government contributions, or any funds transferred from an Australian complying superannuation fund. Have a look at the form here.

If you have moved to Australia, you may be able to transfer your savings to your Australian superannuation fund. You'll need to check that your Australian superannuation fund accepts transfers from New Zealand KiwiSaver Scheme providers. A transfer due to permanent emigration to Australia will exclude Government contributions applied while living outside of New Zealand. For more information, click here.