Getting car insurance with AMP means you can get the right cover to suit you and your car. If something accidental should happen to your car and it’s covered by your policy, you can trust us to help you get your car back on the road as soon as possible.
We have a choice of covers ranging from full comprehensive to basic third party insurance.
This might suit you if...
- you’re looking for a trusted insurer
- you want guaranteed quality repairs should something happen to your car
- you want a reliable claims experience.
Here's what you get:
- Cover to repair or replace your car if damaged or written off in an accident.
- Cover for windscreen breakage with no excess and without loss of your no claims discount (where this is the only damage).
- Emergency costs following an accident, to a maximum of $500.
Save money with our discounts
If you have two or more insurance covers with us, such as contents or car insurance, you may qualify for a package discount. If you have another product with AMP you also get a loyalty discount.
How much does it cost?Show more
Some of the factors that will determine the cost are:
- level of cover (comprehensive, third party etc)
- your age
- the type of car
- who drives the car
- primary location of vehicle
- claims history
- the excess options you have selected.
You can get an individual quote from your adviser.
Our car insurance options
We have the following types of cover for your car:
Comprehensive cover – includes cover for accidental loss or damage to your vehicle anywhere in New Zealand up to the market value of the vehicle at the time of loss.
Third Party, Fire and Theft cover – gives you limited cover for damage you cause to someone else’s vehicle as well as $3,000 cover for damage to your vehicle through fire or theft.
Third Party – Basic car insurance that gives you cover if you accidentally damage someone else’s car or property, even if you’re at fault.
Get access to emergency assistance
HELP is an emergency assistance service available 24/7 which is offered as part of your car insurance policy – at no extra cost.
Whatever the problem, ring HELP for practical advice, and they will locate the tradespeople or services you need. Where the services are covered by your policy, you can claim back any bills paid, subject to the policy excess.
You get a 30 day money back guarantee
If you’re not satisfied with the cover provided by your policy, you may return the policy within 30 days of receiving it. If you have not made claims during this period, we will give you a full refund of any premium paid.
Compare our range of car coversShow more
Our comparison table shows you the key benefits of each option so you can see what suits you best.
Third Party, Fire and Theft
|Legal liability for damage you cause to someone else’s property while using your car.||
|Free HELP in an emergency – a 24/7 emergency assistance service.||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cover to repair or replace where your car has suffered accidental damage.||Yes, up to market value||Yes, up to $3,000 where the accident is caused by an uninsured driver||Yes, up to $3,000 where the accident is caused by an uninsured driver|
|Cover against fire or theft of your car.||Yes||Yes||No|
|Cover for breakage of windscreen, sunroofs, windows or headlights without an excess or affecting your no claim discount.||Yes||No||No|
|Emergency costs following an accident.||Yes, up to $500
|New car replacement if it’s less than a year old.||Yes||No||No|
|Cleaning valet costs.||Yes, up to $250||No||No|
The value of good adviceShow more
To make sure you have insurance that suits you it’s good to talk to an adviser. They can help you with understanding the need for cover, share their expertise and experience and help you get the right cover at a competitive price.
Advisers can also give you ongoing help. They can advise on how to keep your cover relevant over time, and be there to support you when the unexpected happens.
It’s nice to know that just as your life is unique, your protection can be purpose-built to address the areas of risk that most affect you.
An AMP adviser adds value by:
- identifying your priorities
- balancing your risks
- offering options
- sharing their expertise and experience.
Learn more about the value of advice.
Make a claimShow more
How the claims process works
- The claims team will discuss with you the event, the impact and in most cases let you know straight away whether you’re covered under your policy. Having your policy number, and as much detail of the claim (and if possible photographs) on hand when you call usually helps to speed things up.
- The claims consultants will assess your claim and may even be able to approve the claim then and there. Otherwise they will get in contact with you to let you know the outcome, next steps or they might request some more information.
- Once approved, we will look to put things right by either organising payment or working with suppliers to get you back to where you started.
Important informationShow more
The above summarises some of the cover provided by AMP's Home Plan policy. It is important to note that limits, excesses, terms, conditions and exclusions apply to the cover outlined. Please refer to the policy wording for details of cover. The provision of cover under the AMP Home Plan policy is subject to the underwriting criteria that apply at the time.
This AMP branded general insurance product is underwritten by Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited.