We know how important it is that your personal belongings are insured against damage, loss or theft. By choosing our Maxi contents insurance you can rest assured that you have comprehensive cover for your prized possessions.
This might suit you if…
- you need comprehensive contents insurance
- you already have your home insured with us
- you’re looking for an insurer who is financially strong and is there for you at claim time.
Here’s what you get:
- cover for most items for their replacement value regardless of age, up to the Sum Insured, whether they are at your home or temporarily removed anywhere in New Zealand
- cover without limits applying to many items such as hearing aids, frozen foods, mobile phones, laptops, sculptures or artwork
- automatic cover for your belongings while they are in temporary storage for a maximum of 90 days, up to $20,000.
Save money with our discounts
If you have two or more insurance covers with us, such as contents or car insurance, you may qualify for a package discount. If you have another product with AMP you also get a loyalty discount.
What can I protect?
When deciding what to protect, there are the items which you might love such as your favourite shoes or pieces of technology. Then there are also the important items which can add up, such as your kitchen appliances or bedroom furniture. You might also want to insure your jewellery and watches. These items generally have specific policy conditions and limits.
We recommend you estimate the value of all the contents you own to factor in a total loss event as your contents Sum Insured, so you’re sure you have the right level of cover. Download our checklist as a starting point.
Emergency HELP assistance
0800 HELP is an around-the-clock emergency assistance service offered at no extra cost as part of our contents insurance policy or any other cover under the Home Plan.
So even if there’s no insurance claim involved, if you’ve got a problem with a leaking roof in the middle of the night, a broken window, or if you just need emergency advice, we can help.
Make a claimShow more
How the claims process works
- The claims team will discuss with you the event, the impact and in most cases let you know straight away whether you’re covered under your policy. Having your policy number, and as much detail of the claim (and if possible photographs) on hand when you call usually helps to speed things up.
- The claims consultants will assess your claim and may even be able to approve the claim then and there. Otherwise they will get in contact with you to let you know the outcome, next steps or they might request some more information.
- Once approved, we will look to put things right by either organising payment or working with suppliers to get you back to where you started.