How KiwiSaver worksKiwiSaver is a voluntary savings initiative set up by the government and designed to help New Zealanders save for their retirement. It can also help you buy your first home.
- You can join KiwiSaver if you are a New Zealand citizen (or if you’re entitled to live in New Zealand indefinitely) and you normally live in New Zealand
- If you are working, your employer has to contribute at least 3% of your gross salary.
- You can choose to contribute between 3% and 10% of your gross salary or wages, and you can also make lump sum deposits
- If you’ve worked in Australia, you can transfer your superannuation scheme into KiwiSaver
Which fund is right for me?
Whether you’re new to KiwiSaver or a sophisticated investor, we’ve got the right choice for you. Use this calculator to work out which AMP KiwiSaver Scheme Funds are likely to suit you, and your savings goals.
Use our Fund Selector calculator >
Use our calculator to help map out your first home or retirement adventure >
Why choose the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme?
- We are New Zealand's largest non-bank investment and insurance company, we've been a KiwiSaver scheme provider since KiwiSaver started and are still one of the government appointed KiwiSaver default providers
- You can learn about ways to grow your savings with our helpful and easy-to-use tools and calculators
- We offer a large choice of investment funds and if you prefer someone else to manage your KiwiSaver savings AMP Lifesteps Investment programme may be a good option for you
- You have access to AMP’s experienced NZ based advisers
- It’s easy – join online and then use the My AMP app and web portal to monitor and top up your funds anywhere, anytime.
How do I join?
There are three ways to join:
AMP SuperRating's rating methodology seeks to cover over 350 individual pars of a KiwiSaver's Scheme's offering.
AMP is rated gold, a good value for money KiwiSaver scheme.
Canstar is Australasia's leading financial research and ratings company that has been around for over 25 years. Canstar evaluate products available to consumers from financial institutions like banking, insurance and KiwiSaver. Their expert researchers analyse every product by comparing price and features to determine what represents outstanding value. Those products that meet up to their strict criteria are assigned a value-based star rating
AMP has been rated with the Canstar 2019 Outstanding Value 5 Star Rating - Conservative KiwiSaver.
Important informationShow more
AMP Wealth Management New Zealand Limited is the issuer and manager of the AMP KiwiSaver Scheme (the 'Scheme'). The Supervisor of the Scheme is The New Zealand Guardian Trust Company Limited.
SuperRatings does not issue, sell, guarantee or underwrite this product. Go to www.superratings.com.au for details of its ratings criteria.