Why we’ve got you covered
We’ve been trusted to financially protect Kiwis and their families for over 160 years. The reasons are simple:
- We offer a wide range of insurance products that enable you to put in place an easy to manage, flexible plan. It’ll help protect you, your loved ones, your stuff, your home, your livelihood and will be tailored to your specific needs and budget.
- We make it easy. Our dedicated case managers are on hand and on your side if you ever need us.
- We provide specialist advice through our nationwide network of advisers. They can advise on all your insurance needs.
How to contact us to make a claim
Contacting us is simple and straightforward – you can get in touch by phone, online, email or post, and we’ll help you with the information required.
For life, trauma, income protection and disability claimsShow more
If something happens and you need to make a claim, get in touch with us as soon as possible. We're here to help and can talk you through the different options available to you.
You can get in touch by phone, online, email or post and we'll help you with the information required.
Step by step claims processShow more
Step by step claims process
If something happens and you need to make a claim, get in touch as soon as possible. We’re here to help and can talk you through the process. We also suggest:
- referring to your policy documents first
- calling your adviser to talk through the process together.
Step 1: make contact
Get in touch with us by phone, email or post and we’ll let you know what information we need from you.
The earlier we know about what’s happened, the sooner we can help – so it’s never too early to contact us.
Step 2: send in your forms
Where required, complete and sign your forms, along with any supporting documents, then send them to us.
Step 3: we review your claim
After we’ve received your claim or your claim forms, we’ll assign you a dedicated case manager to help you through the process.
At this stage, we’ll review your claim and be in contact with you as quickly as possible (in most cases within five working days). This will either be with an outcome or to ask for additional information.
Step 4: we help you with your claim payment
Once we’ve confirmed the outcome of your claim, we’ll send you a letter.
Although every claim is different, we try to pay you as soon as possible after we’ve approved your claim.